Terms and Conditions of Rental
The owner of the property, hereinafter referred to as the Owner and VillaDirect Management LLC, hereinafter referred to as the Management Company, offer the short term rental of the Property named on the Rental Agreement to the person of 21 years or over named as the Party Leader and to the named party members (on the Rental Agreement), hereinafter referred to as the Guest, under the terms set out below.
The Owner will provide a written quotation by email showing the total rental fee to the Guest for the Property. Upon receipt of the required payment from the Guest, the Owner will issue a written booking confirmation by email. Only on release of the written booking confirmation from the Owner is the booking determined as confirmed. Until a booking is confirmed, the Owner reserves the right to accept any booking for the Property from a third party, where said third party agrees to payment prior to receipt of payment from the Guest.
The Guest agrees to sign and return the Rental Agreement provided by the Owner upon booking confirmation. The Guest agrees that payment of the rental deposit sum to the Owner will signify their full acceptance of these Terms and Conditions of Rental. The Guest further acknowledges that by payment of the final rental sum, the Guest has received copies of, and/or read and accepted these Terms of Conditions of Rental on this web site.
The Guest agrees and acknowledges that the Owner will not release the Property or any service prior to receipt by the Owner of payment in full. Failure of the Guest to pay rental or for any service will result in removal or refusal to supply said service, including, but not limited to provision of accommodation in the Property. Such removal and or refusal will not alter the terms and penalties associated with cancellation.
The Guest agrees to pay the Total Rental Fee as shown on the Rental Agreement within the due dates as set out on the booking confirmation. Final and full payment is due 60 days prior to arrival. In the event of late payment, or failure to pay, the Owner reserves the rights to levy the cancellation penalty percentage charges against any money that the Guest has paid in advance and cancel the booking of the Guest. Where the money paid in advance is insufficient to cover the calculated percentage, the Owner reserves the right to exercise any legal remedies to pursue the amount owed by the Guest.
Where the Guest chooses to amend their booking, a $35 Booking Administration Fee will be levied. Where the guest alters the booking resulting in a reduction in the number of nights, the Owner will charge the $35 Booking Administration Fee in addition to the cancellation fee warranted against the number of nights cancelled as described below.
The Owner reserves the right to amend rates at any time. Pre-existing reservations, where the Guest has made a payment, will remain at the pre-increase pricing.
The Guest agrees, and the Owner permits the Rental Period to begin and end on the dates shown as the Rental Period (as shown on the Rental Agreement).
Check in to the Property is after 4:00 pm on the date of arrival as shown on the Rental Agreement, Booking Confirmation or Registration Form. At the sole discretion of the Management Company, any Guest arriving to collect keys before that time may be refused. Within 24 hours of arrival at the Property, the Guest agrees to complete the Registration Form and return the signed form to the offices of the Management Company within one working day. Failure to return the Registration Form will be deemed confirmation that the Guest accepts the Property as found, and accepts responsibility for all damages or loss found at the Property on departure of the Guest.
Check out is on the date of departure as shown on the Rental Agreement and Registration Form, at 10:00 am. All keys must be returned to the offices of the Management Company by 11:00 am on the date of departure. In the event that it is found that the Guest has not departed the Property on the date of departure, at the due time, then the Guest will pay a penalty charge of one days rental.
Basis of Rental
Properties offered for short-term rental through the Owner are provided on a self-catering basis. The Management Company provides complimentary starter soap, toilet paper, and trash bags. Once these items are used, it is the guests responsibility to replenish them.
Accidental Damage Waiver
The Guest has paid an Accidental Damage Waiver (ADW) premium as part of the total Rental Fee to the Owner prior to arrival. The Guest agrees that the Party Leader remains responsible for all loss from the property or its inventory during the Rental Period. The Guest must complete and return the Registration Form (provided on arrival) within one working day to protect their ADW from claims made as a result of accidental damages found during their stay, or within 72 hours following their departure, up to a maximum value of $300. Where a Guest is found to have brought a pet to the property without prior written permission, a bill of $300 will be made to the Guest to compensate for additional cleaning requirements, which the Guest agrees to pay within 14 days.
The Guest agrees that the Management Company or the Owner can charge additional fees to cover:
- Early arrival or late departure charges
- Non-return of keys
- Loss or breakage of inventory items
- Damage to the Property or its equipment
- Unauthorized Pets
Pets are not permitted in the Property. Guests with pets are advised to place their pet at another facility. The Management Company nor the Owner of the Property can be held liable for any loss or injury to a pet while staying at the Property, or for any action taken by the pet or pet owner against third parties. In the event that the Guest brings a pet to the Property, the Management Company will levy a charge of $100 per bedroom per week to the credit card of the Guest, to pay for additional sanitation and cleaning on the departure of the Guest and pet. Failure to pay the charge described above, or refusal, will result in the Guests eviction from the Property, and loss of all rental money paid.
The Guest may cancel their booking at any time up to or during the Rental Period. In the event that the Guest exercises their right to cancel, the Owner will levy the following cancellation penalty:
The Management Company agrees to a Service Level for the remedy of any problems found at the Property, either on arrival of the Guest, or during the Rental Period, as follows. The Management Company agrees to provide a maximum 4-hour response to remedy problems that, at the sole discretion of the Management Company, constitute emergencies, which would affect the safety of the Guest. Any problems arising during the Rental Period at the Property that do not constitute an emergency as determined by the Management Company will be remedied during or after the Rental Period, based on the severity of the problem, at the sole discretion of the Management Company.
Limitation of Liability
The Management Company makes all reasonable efforts to provide advice and safety information. This information can be found in the Home-Pack at the Property. It is the responsibility of the Guest to ensure that they have read and understood the contents and advice given following arrival at the Property. The Management Company is willing to provide any and all further information pertaining to the Property providing the Guest has first read the Home-Pack. In addition, the Management Company states the following:
- The Management Company and/or the Owner will not release the physical address of the Property to the Guest prior to the collection of the keys and directions to the Property on arrival. This is a security measure.
- The Management Company and/or the Owner do not accept liability for equipment failure and or services in the Property. In the event of failure of equipment, the Guest must notify the Management Company within one working day such that the Management Company may elect to effect a remedy to the failure.
- The Management Company and/or the Owner do not accept liability for lost or stolen personal property of the Guest from the Property during the Rental Period. The Management Company provide information and advice in the Home-Pack to the Guest in an advisory capacity only, with no guarantee or promise of security, even where the Guest make use of any advice given by the Management Company or its representatives. In the event that property of the Guest is lost or stolen, the Guest should advise the appropriate authority first, and then the Management Company, of the lost or stolen items. The Management Company will either make good and secure the Property, or will transfer the Guest to another Property, where the original cannot be secured, and this will be the extent of its liability to the Guest under such circumstances.
- The Management Company or its representatives may enter the Property at any time, without notice, for the purposes of protection and/or maintenance of the Property. Wherever possible, the Management Company will provide notice to the Guest prior to such entrance.
- The Management Company and/or the Owner accept no liability for personal loss or injury to the Guest during the Rental Period. The Guest must ensure that they have adequate insurance cover. The Management Company provide information and advice in the Home-Pack to the Guest in an advisory capacity only, with no guarantee or promise implied.
- The Guest must ensure that Children are supervised at all times. It is the policy of the Management Company that all Children under the age of 18 years are not left in rental accommodation un-supervised during the rental period.
- The Management Company and/or the Owner do not accept any liability for the acts or omissions of any agent. These include but are not limited to, airlines, car-hire companies, travel agents, ticket agents, homeowners, or utility providers.
- The Management Company and/or the Owner do not accept liability for failure of pool heat to provide adequate heating where pool heat is provided via an electrical heat pump, and where the outside air temperature drops below 55 degrees Fahrenheit. Electric heating pumps do not operate effectively below this temperature, and failure of such devices to heat the pool is outside of the Management Company's control, and is regarded as an act of nature (see below).
- The Management Company and/or the Owner do not accept liability for acts of violence, nature, fire, flood, war, civil disobedience, riot, or other force
Majuro that may have a deleterious effect on the Guest.
- The Owner does not accept liability for repair of the Property, removal of the Property from the marketplace, transfer of the Property to another Management company, sale of Property or other unforeseen circumstances that results in the Property becoming unavailable for the Rental Period. Wherever such an event occurs, the Management Company will offer the Guest a suitable alternative accommodation of equal or better quality, subject to availability. In the event that the Guest refuses the offered alternate property, then the Guest may cancel the booking, and the Owner will refund the Total Rental Fee, less the applicable cancellation penalty percentage rate (shown above).
- Failure to comply with any of the terms herein will, at the sole discretion of the Management Company or the Owner, result in the eviction of the Guest from the Property, without recompense or refund.